It is also known as the City of Love, as its name has been derived from the Italian word “AMOR” which is spelled backwards as ROMA that means love. Love is forever in the air in this divine city. Rome has a number of attractions that make it all the more beautiful and worth visiting once. You’ll surely like to come back if you have already spent a vacation here. Here are some more reasons that will make you explore this incredible destination if you haven’t done that yet.
1. Colosseum: The Colosseum is one of the most ancient architectures in the city of Rome. It happens to be an iconic symbol of Imperial Rome. It was used for gladiator battles, theatre, hunting animal, battle re-enactments, executions and many other purposes. Naruto Dad
2. The Vatican: The Vatican City is a walled enclave within the city of Rome, which is also the smallest country of the world. The cultural sites such as, St. Peter Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museum are a part of this small yet attractive city.
3. Trevi Fountain: The Trevi Fountain is a fantastic work of art that is much more than a mere sculpture. It is the symbolic representation of the power of water which cannot be found in any other part of the city. The sound of the water can be heard from the nearby streets and the sight will leave you awestruck.
4. St. Peter’s Square: Located in front of the St. Peter’s Basilica, St. Peter’s Square is a massive plaza in the Vatican City. It is known to be the centre of the Catholic faith and draws pilgrims from all over the world. On special occasions such as the election of a new pope or on Easter, almost 400,000 people fill the expansive square.
5. Leaning Tower of Pisa: Located in the Pisa, this tower is one of the most remarkable architectures in Rome. This 60 meter high tower was built straight, but has now bend down due to some faults in the construction. Its position makes it a popular spot of attraction among the tourists. It has got its name from a Greek word, meaning “marshy land”.